Leigh Japanese Ju-Jitsu Club - Martial Arts Leigh, Lancashire
Based near the town centre, Leigh Ju-Jitsu is a martial arts club in Leigh, Lancashire that specialises in the art of Japanese Ju-Jitsu.
The club holds classes multiple time a week for kids aged from 5 years and adults, taught by 6th Dan black belt Sensei Alan Francis and his team of instructors.
As the Ju-Jitsu classes are geared towards self defence, lessons usually involve a warm up, striking practice through light sparring and padwork, and newaza grappling. The main core of the lesson is focused on defending from a variety of strikes and neutralising an opponent with a takedown, joint lock or throw, before then applying a submission or striking the opponent on the ground. This combination allows students to be able to deal with an attacker stood up as well as on the ground.
Private classes are also available on a 1-to-1 basis or in small groups.
- Tuesday 8pm - 9.30pm - Adults Class
- Wednesday 6pm - 7.15pm - Kids Class
- Thursday 8pm - 9.30pm - Adults Class
- Friday 7.45pm - 9pm - Kids Class
First class is free of charge so new students can try Ju-Jitsu to see if it's right for them.
A deeper dive into leighjujitsu.co.uk
Common questions asked about www.leighjujitsu.co.uk
1. What is Japanese Ju-Jitsu and why should I consider learning it?Japanese Ju-Jitsu is a practical, close combat self-defence system that originated in feudal Japan. It was used by samurai warriors to effectively fight unarmed against armed opponents. Learning Japanese Ju-Jitsu can equip you with the skills to defend yourself in various situations. It includes striking, throws, joint locks, chokes, and submission grappling. It is a well-rounded martial art style that can improve your fitness and self-defence abilities.
2. What is Atemi Ju-Jitsu and why is it practiced at Leigh Ju-Jitsu?Atemi Ju-Jitsu is the style practiced at Leigh Ju-Jitsu. Atemi, meaning striking, is an integral part of the training system. In addition to strikes, it also includes throws, takedowns, joint locks, chokes, and strangles. Atemi Ju-Jitsu focuses on teaching effective self-defence methods from a variety of attacks. By practicing Atemi Ju-Jitsu, students at Leigh Ju-Jitsu are prepared to defend themselves in real-life situations.
3. What classes are available at Leigh Ju-Jitsu?Leigh Ju-Jitsu offers classes for both kids and adults. The classes cater to men, women, and children who want to improve their fitness and self-defence skills. The training includes a variety of techniques such as striking, throws, joint locks, chokes, and submission grappling. Whether you are a beginner or have previous martial arts experience, there is a class suitable for you at Leigh Ju-Jitsu.
4. Where is Leigh Ju-Jitsu located and how can I reach it?Leigh Ju-Jitsu is conveniently located just off Railway Road in Leigh. It is only a 5-minute walk from Leigh bus station. If you are coming by car, it is easily accessible from Atherleigh Way bypass. The location is ideal for those seeking martial arts in Tyldesley, Atherton, Westhoughton, Lowton, and Golborne, as it is easily reachable without traveling too far.
5. How can I join a class at Leigh Ju-Jitsu?Joining a class at Leigh Ju-Jitsu is simple. You can try your first class for free to see if it is the right fit for you. To join, you can visit their website at www.leighjujitsu.co.uk and find the contact information. Reach out to them to inquire about class schedules and availability. They will guide you through the process and help you get started on your martial arts journey.
Some reasons to choose leighjujitsu.co.uk
Effective Self Defence MethodsLeigh Ju-Jitsu takes pride in teaching effective self defence methods from a variety of attacks. Students are equipped with the skills to defend themselves in real-life situations.
All-Round Martial Art StyleJapanese Ju-Jitsu is a perfect, all-round martial art style to consider learning. It includes throws, takedowns, joint locks, chokes and strangles, and submission grappling, providing a comprehensive training system.
Practical Close Combat SystemJapanese Ju-Jitsu is a practical, close combat self defence system that was used by samurai warriors in feudal Japan. It focuses on unarmed combat techniques, allowing practitioners to effectively fight against armed and armoured opponents.
Classes for All AgesLeigh Ju-Jitsu offers both kids and adults martial arts classes. Men, women, and children of all ages can improve their fitness and self defence skills at the club.
Convenient LocationLocated just off Railway Road in Leigh, the club is only a 5-minute walk from Leigh bus station. It is easily accessible by car, being just off Atherleigh Way bypass, making it convenient for those in Tyldesley, Atherton, Westhoughton, Lowton, and Golborne.'
Selected and consolidated information about leighjujitsu.co.uk
Leigh Ju-Jitsu was established by Sensei Alan Francis at Kings Park Christian Centre in 1993, before moving to the Back Findlay Street dojo in 1998. The dojo, with a history of martial arts training, has been home to Leigh Ju-Jitsu and Jaguar Thai Boxing since then.
Meet the Team:
Head Instructor and Club Owner, Sensei Alan Francis (6th Dan), began training in Ju-Jitsu in 1981. He has been dedicated to martial arts, studying under top instructors and refining his knowledge and skills. Alan started his own club in 1993 and took over the Back Findlay Street dojo in 1998, officially establishing Leigh Ju-Jitsu.
Tuesday (8pm 9.30pm) Adults Class
Wednesday (6pm 7.15pm) Kids Class (Ages 5+)
Thursday (8pm 9.30pm) Adults Class
Friday (7.45pm 9pm) Kids Class (Ages 5+)
Geographical Areas Covered:
Leigh Ju-Jitsu is located just off Railway Road in Leigh, accessible for residents in Tyldesley, Atherton, Westhoughton, Lowton, and Golborne.
07900 661 154
UK (Leigh, Lancashire) based business - established in 1998 - providing Ju-Jitsu lessons, gradings and competitions. Website includes details of services provided, work examples, details of business premises, full contact details.
Signals of trust found on website
A Closer Look...
Leigh Ju-Jitsu, located in Leigh, Lancashire, is a reputable martial arts club specializing in Japanese Ju-Jitsu. Under the guidance of head coach and owner, Sensei Alan Francis (6th Dan), the club offers a comprehensive training system in Atemi Ju-Jitsu, which includes striking, throws, takedowns, joint locks, chokes, strangles, and submission grappling. Emphasizing practical, close combat self-defense, the club's approach is rooted in historical techniques used by samurai warriors. Catering to both children and adults, Leigh Ju-Jitsu provides an inclusive environment for learning self-defense, improving fitness, and building self-confidence. Conveniently located near Leigh bus station and Atherleigh Way bypass, the club is easily accessible for residents in surrounding areas.
Leigh Self Defence Studio
Back Findlay Street
Lancashire WN7 1XG
Googlebot last visited this page...
55 hrs 32 mins ago
Site last visited by us on...
17 February 2024
Average page load time
Snapshots of leighjujitsu.co.uk may include domain name holding pages
Social network presence