Mortgage Calculator UK
Use our comprehensive online mortgage calculator which shows the monthly interest only and repayment amounts on a mortgage. Provides graphed results along with monthly and yearly amortisation tables showing the capital and interest amounts paid each year.
A deeper dive into mortgagecalculator.uk
Common questions asked about www.mortgagecalculator.uk
1. How does the mortgage payment calculator work?The mortgage payment calculator on www.mortgagecalculator.uk allows you to estimate your monthly mortgage payments based on the home price, deposit, mortgage amount, interest rate, and term. Simply input the required information and click 'Calculate' to get the results. The calculator will provide you with the full monthly payment, interest-only payment, total interest payable, total loan payments, and the total cost of the mortgage.
2. Can I make overpayments on my mortgage?Yes, you can make overpayments on your mortgage. Overpayments allow you to pay off your mortgage faster and potentially save on interest payments. By making regular or one-time additional payments, you can reduce the principal balance and shorten the term of your mortgage. However, it's important to check with your mortgage provider to understand any restrictions or fees associated with overpayments.
3. What is amortisation?Amortisation refers to the process of gradually paying off a debt, such as a mortgage, through regular payments over a specific period. With each payment, a portion goes towards the principal balance and another portion covers the interest. Over time, the proportion of the payment allocated to the principal increases, while the interest portion decreases. This results in the gradual reduction of the outstanding balance until the mortgage is fully paid off.
4. What is a remortgage?A remortgage, also known as refinancing, is the process of switching your existing mortgage to a new lender or renegotiating the terms with your current lender. People choose to remortgage for various reasons, such as obtaining a lower interest rate, accessing equity in their property, or consolidating debts. It's important to consider the costs and benefits of remortgaging, including any fees associated with the process.
5. Can I use the mortgage calculator for properties outside the UK?The mortgage calculator on www.mortgagecalculator.uk is specifically designed for properties in the UK. It takes into account the UK mortgage market and its specific parameters. If you are looking to calculate mortgage payments for properties outside the UK, it is recommended to use a mortgage calculator that is tailored to the respective country's mortgage market and regulations.
Some reasons to choose mortgagecalculator.uk
Benefit 1: Comprehensive Mortgage Payment CalculatorThe company provides a mortgage payment calculator that allows users to accurately calculate their monthly mortgage payments. This tool takes into account factors such as home price, deposit amount, mortgage amount, interest rate, and term. Users can easily input these details and receive an instant calculation of their full monthly payment, interest-only payment, total interest payable, total loan payments, and total cost.
Benefit 2: Affordability AssessmentWith the affordability feature offered by the company, potential homebuyers can determine whether they can afford a particular mortgage. By inputting their financial information, such as income and expenses, the calculator assesses their affordability and provides insights into their borrowing capacity. This helps individuals make informed decisions about their mortgage options and ensures they choose a loan that fits their financial situation.
Benefit 3: Amortisation ScheduleThe company's mortgage payment calculator generates an amortisation schedule, which displays a detailed breakdown of monthly payments over the loan term. This schedule shows the portion of each payment that goes towards interest and principal, as well as the remaining mortgage balance after each payment. This information allows borrowers to track their progress in paying off their mortgage and understand how their payments contribute to reducing their debt.
Benefit 4: Overpayment AnalysisBy utilizing the overpayments feature provided by the company, borrowers can explore the impact of making additional payments towards their mortgage. The calculator shows how overpaying a certain amount each month or as a lump sum can shorten the loan term and reduce the total interest payable. This analysis empowers borrowers to make strategic decisions about accelerating their mortgage repayment and potentially saving thousands of pounds in interest.
Benefit 5: Remortgage EvaluationThe company's mortgage payment calculator also assists homeowners in evaluating the benefits of remortgaging. By inputting their current mortgage details, such as the remaining balance, interest rate, and term, users can compare different remortgage options. The calculator calculates the potential savings in monthly payments, total interest payable, and total cost by switching to a new mortgage. This helps homeowners determine whether remortgaging is a financially advantageous decision.
Website providing a mortgage calculator for home buyers in the UK. Website includes mortgage calculator with interest and capital repayment monthly breakdowns, a brief history of the UK mortgage market, contact email address.
Profile page views
Today (so far)
More page view stats
Key pages found
Site last visited by us on...
30 January 2024
Average page load time
Snapshots of mortgagecalculator.uk may include domain name holding pages